Christmas is coming

I received a letter today offering to go into a draw to win tickets to see the Christmas Pageant from a special spectator box provided by the Credit Union. This made me realise that Christmas is coming much sooner than I really realise.
I am trying to get myself into Christmas card making mode which generally isn't a problem as I LOVE making Christmas cards however I just seem to keep putting it off at the moment and finding other things to do.

On the home front it has been a quiet week. Tuesday we were in and out all day, Wednesday we had Ingeborg and family visit and today I picked up the keys for the hall where our Crop for a Cure is to be held on Saturday. This afternoon the boys didn't want to do anything and I was planning to go to visit my sister but after calling realised that she is on her way to Mount Gambier for the weekend to visit my brother who has not been well for a number of weeks.

I actually managed to have an early tea (unrushed) and get to karate before the start. The kids had a great time tonight at karate as one of the Mum's had brought along some exercise balls for the children to roll over when doing their roll work to help them better their technique. They did really well with it and then the Sensei decided to let them have some fun for the rest of the night so that the little children did not lose interest. He had them playing a dodge ball game and they loved it. I wasn't so impressed with the concept after watching a couple of them get hit in the face with the balls but it didn't seem to put them off.

I have managed to complete a layout this week for a Use Your Stash challenge over at Scrapwitch. We had to use old papers, rub-ons, chipboard, more than three photos, double-page layout and a handmade embellishment.

This is my layout:

I also finished the sketch layout challenge for Scrapwitch tonight but will have to wait until tomorrow to photograph that one.

I've spent half my afternoon looking for a display book with Artist Choice/Paper Seeds instructions in it from Breezy Design but alas, I have yet to find it. I know I had it last week but my 40 year old brain is starting to fail me continually at the moment and I keep putting things away and not remembering where I safely put them. Ah, the frustration of it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....