Lots to catch up on.....

Well, way back in February, I mentioned that I was doing some card examples for Becky Fleck at Pagemaps. So here are the two cards I made at that time: A "Merci" card using a Cricut cut from the Beyond Birthdays Cartridge and a Baby card for one of my lovely ladies who attends my Saturday night crop using a cut from the Storybook cartridges. This has to be my most used cartridge - not so much for the font, but for all the accent features and other items.

Then last month I had an email from Becky asking if I would do a layout sample for the June maps - my first layout ever for Pagemaps using the very nice Lime Rickey Basic Grey papers. Loving these! Very bold and colourful, just the way I like papers for boy layouts.

This is a layout about Keelan's homework project of having to blow an egg and boil an egg one night prior to Easter. I had never blown an egg before - Yes, really! I mean it.... not the kind of thing I would choose to do. But I knew the concept and he did the work. It managed to get to school okay and even was decorated by using oil pastels then dyeing but alas it fell off the desk on the day he was to bring it home. Still I managed to salvage it enough to get a decent photo of the event to scrap.
I was off air - well at least slowed for a few weeks, after the boys used up our download allowance for the month of May. Hence the reason for not having been around here for AGES!!!

During my absence, I completed another layout using the papers I received in my International Swap at the Crop Circle. There was some lovely vintage looking papers and I found a pile of old photos from my husbands childhood which I recently scanned so managed to use them to create a vintage look layout of him with his brothers.


This was closely followed by the cybercrop at Scrap of Difference which had an Autumn theme about it.


My card challenge to use: orange, brown, green and a leaf.


The word challenge: Fall
The sketch challenge
And, the colour challenge: orange brown and green.
I have even caught up two more of "The Write Stuff" layouts from Jen Hall's online classes. This is a layout using a large series of photos put together using the collage feature in Picasa. This is a very cool feature to play with and a great way to get heaps of photos on a layout.
I think it was lesson #17

This one is lesson #8


My dear friend Ingeborg and her family are moving back to their birthplace - well at least the birthplace of some of the family. She asked her friends to put together a layout of each of their families, or themselves, so her family can remember their faces in years to come.

This was the layout that I did for her with our family photo taken last year.


I followed up with a photoless layout using a poem written about Friends and what friendship is. This of course had to use her favourite colour - pink!

Woo hoo a layout with pink..... not often you see one of those from me. Although - she has challenged me this month also by putting a colour challenge up at Heaven-Sent using black, white, pink and grey.... what the! I'll have to put my thinking cap on for that one.


Having said that I don't use pink much, for obvious reasons, I have another layout using it. This was last month's sketch challenge, which I won, Yay!!!! Gotta be happy with more scrapbooking stash to play with.

Here's another card share from last month. No, make that April. This is my DT example for Lucy's sketch at My Sketch World. I did have a photo for the May one too but forgot to upload to the blog so that will be another day.


Finally I have three layouts and three cards made with the lovely My Minds Eye, Grow collection that I received from Jo at Scrap of Difference for my DT kit for May. Keep your eye out in her shop later this month for the kit and instructions for my work.





Well, there was three cards but I've just lost one.... will have to upload that next time.
There will be another crop coming to
My Sketch World
We will be having our
Summer Crop Party
June 21st to June 27th
All week long with challenges, games, tutorials and prizes to give away
Stop on by and scrap with us or just play some games.
We would love to see you there!!!!

Keep your eye open for that one.

Comments

Moira said…
Holy dooley woman! You have been busy busy busy! The layouts and cards look beautiful, well done :-)
Vince B said…
Again all wonderful.
You certainly are a devoted crafter ;0)

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....