Back at last

I can't believe that it has been over a month since I have been by here. Router issues have had me tapping my fingers at times with my internet dropping in and out. Finally got it fixed today when I had enough and went out and bought a new router. Faster, wider range etc. etc..... Finally updated the Wii that we purchased 2 years ago now that we have a router that would carry the distance. Yeah!

Life has been busy and I have been into the reality TV programs too. Have been watching America's Next Top Model and Australia's Next Top Model too much. I love watching the naive interaction between these teen girls and seeing the situations that they put these potential models into.

Haven't done a lot of scrapping but when I have a weekend Cybercrop I try and get stuck into it.

Here's a few shares from my month:



Some cards from my ""Using felt on cards" card class.


A non- traditional colour choice for a Christmas layout - a challenge on the Scrap of Difference CC for July.


The Scrap of Difference word challenge - HOPE, for the July CC.

A Lucy Chesna sketch used for the Sketch layout at the Scrap of Difference July CC.




Home and Scrapped July CC - 3 pp, 2 photos, ribbon and 7 embellishments. Inspired by a sketch by Julie Bonner at 52 weeks.com

Mistra's challenge at Home and Scrapped CC - use a quote from Dean Martin or Jerry Lewis.

Kim's colour and embellishment challenge at Home and Scrapped - I had ribbon and red, yellow, green.

Heather's challenge at Home and Scrapped - draw a pic of your hands and journal about them. I cheated and had one of the boys photograph them, then used Paint shop pro photo ultimate X2 to convert it to a chalk drawing then printed them out on A4 and cut them out. By fluke the image turned out to be the exact size of my hands.
The journaling reads:
There are days I look at my hands and think how horrible they are. They are short and fat and swell up so that I cannot wear my wedding ring. They definitely are from my Father's side of the family. As much as I hate to admit it, I wax them regularly because I am embarrassed by how hairy they are and I am certain other's notice. My cuticles peel and crack just like my Mother's used to and they regularly feel dry. Having said all that though, they work so hard for me throughout the day. They help me cook and clean. They help tie shoelaces and brush hair. They are wonderful at washing dishes although they would probably prefer me to use the dishwasher a little more,. They are great for locking together to create a big squeezy hug and poking boys in the tummy, just to be annoying. At the moment they help me to walk the dog and give her treats. They also her me to retrieve copious amounts of items from her mouth that she is not supposed to eat. I love the fact they help me to eat all of my favourite foods and even some of my not so favourite. I can pour medicines with them to ease the pain for others or help them live their life, as is the case with Mitchell's insulin. I can rely on them to write letters to my friends and type emails to all and sundry. They help me to chat with my online friends, take photos to share with loved ones, and to type up my blog and Facebook notes. Most importantly they help me to be creative each and every day, by making a card, scrapping a photo or two or drawing a picture for the kids. When you sit and think about it, my hands are pretty useful tools in a variety of situations. It has made me reconsider how Blessed I actually am to have them.
My training with Viva slowed a little over the holidays whilst the boys were around as dragging them and a dog around the shops was truly a challenge. We did learn to do recall work and have been practising that a little both in the back yard and out in an open area. She went to be neutered in the last week of the holidays so got to have a few weeks of not working then and just being a dog convalescing.... I think she enjoyed that a little too much and has been a little slow getting back into the routine again.
Last week we headed back to Tea Tree Plaza to reinforce usage of the travelator and open stairs and next week we learn to use the bus. I haven't taken a bus for almost three years so it will be a first for a while for both of us. She is much more settled around the school now and doesn't pick up nearly as much in her mouth as she used to. Overall, a great deal of improvement has occured.
Have fun scrappin!

Comments

Anonymous said…
fun layouts and projects here. great colour choices for each of them. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....