Found some mojo lately........ yippeee!

Happy New Year to you all out there in blogland......

Since my mojo has been away on holiday for some time I am very glad it has decided to return for a while. Here's hoping it stays for a few months now.

I have a number of layout shares for you all for a change as the weather has been hot, hot, hot..... 40+ degrees celcius on some days recently. It has given me the opportunity to stay indoors in the AC and scrap. I found some photos from Christmas 2006 when we were still in Canberra. I don't usually scrap the same/similar photos three times over as rarely I have similar ones, I just scrap whatever for each of the boys albums. However I decided to challenge myself with scrapping these photos on all different layouts. Do you know how difficult it is to scrap the same photo differently when you have already completed a layout you like? I really struggle with it. However I am very happy with the results.

Decided to kick start my year with a few challenges for the month also as I really needed some inspiration.

My most recent addition to my layouts is a challenge for three different sites. Home and Scrapped wanted a masking challenge, Ingeborg's competitions wanted a minimum of three different chipboard pieces and Scrap of Difference wanted us to use some dimensional pearls. My poor dimensional pearls were a number of years old and had gone rather thick so didn't work as nicely as I would have liked however I love the results.

A photo of my Nephew's daughter gave me inspiration for Heather's sketch challenge at Home and Scrapped.


Ingeborg's sketch challenge on her blog for this month is a PageMaps sketch - Love those!

The next three contain photos taken by Federal Press - the photographer for the Canberra Times who visited the Multiple birth picnic. Our family was the only family of triplets to attend the picnic so they of course wanted to take photos of them. The photos were never printed in the paper because they used a lovely photo of some baby twin girls - much more inviting to the masses, however I purchased a photo for each of the boys to have a memory of the event as I forgot the camera myself.


This one was done using Mistra's Step-By-Step challenge for December over at Home and Scrapped. I was just a little late in giving it a go as I'm not one to do these very often. It just so happened I had the right sized photo sitting in front of me at the time.



The next three are the same photo taken with Santa at the Hyperdome - Tuggeranong shopping centre. I have used a Breezy Design Spotlight kit for the first, the next is scrap papers and some stamp work inspired by an advent calendar I saw in the November issue of CK magazine. The last one is again paper scraps used to create a layout inspired by a layout from Jennifer Maguire
in an old CK magazine.



Finally my last layout is my entry for Ingeborg's sketch challenge for the month of December. It is photos of our scenic railway journey whilst visiting Cairns.


I did have a couple of cards to share too but blogger and my computer are not being my friends tonight so they will have to wait.
I promise it won't be so long next time.

Comments

Moira said…
Yay for the mojo!! They're all gorgeous but I LOOOOOOVE the butterfly layout - stunning. May just have to invest in some glimmermist of my own :-)
Sarah Lou said…
Oh that masking is so perfectly crisp. Just a darling lay out!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....