Catching up slowly on Fab's challenges

Well, I have been a bit off colour with a cold for the last couple of days so am hoping for a better nights sleep tonight.
I held a card class yesterday working on the technique of "kissing" stamps together. One of the cards I did create for a challenge just back before Christmas but have uploaded it again so you can see all three together. The stamps are predominantly from Stephanie Barnards, Fun and Funky flowers set by See D's but there are also greetings from Heidi Grace - Tags and words set and also See D's 262 stamp set.


On to Fab's challenge cards from his Christmas card challenge blog. I'm a little slow in starting the year with these and have not caught them all up yet but at least I have made a start......

#5 - Punch it and bling it. Uses three Fiskars border punches - Threading water, Apron Lace and Lace as well as a creative memories star maker. That cute sentiment is a stamp by Studio G which I found at the Quilt and Craft Fair last November.

#4 - Snowflakes and/or punches. Three punches used here too, Creative Memories snowflake maker and Square maker then Fiskars scalloped circle punch. The stamp is from my new set from Stephanie Barnard - Stamps of Life Christmas set. I have just received a few sets of her stamps now to play with now that she has opened them up to purchase Internationally. You may see some more cards with these soon.

#3 - Use a sentiment either printed or hand written and/or gold. I went for the gold and tried a couple of different greeting on it but they just didn't look right so left them off all together. The card actually looks quite stunning IRL.

#2 - Vintage and/or stripes. I tried the both combination and not that fussed by it really. I just don't do vintage well. I really find it a challenge. Stamps are again from the Stamps of Life set apart from the flourish ones which are Kaisercraft.
#1 - Tall card and/or frosty colours. More of the Stamps of life set with some papers from Delish designs. The snowflakes are cut from the Cricut - Christmas Cheer cartridge and the other snowflakes are stamped from the Christmas set and clear embossed.
Hope there is some inspiration for the beginning of your Christmas cards too.......

Comments

Fab said…
Total stunners ! Thank you so much for joining my challenge for 2010. XXXX Fab
Great cards as usual, Melissa!
Karen said…
Wow - love the cards Melissa.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....