More scrapping...

A few months back, Mistra wrote up a tutorial for some "dodgy" flowers, or so they got called and it seemed like I was the only one on the forum that hadn't tried them. So, I decided that last week I had nothing to do at my craft morning so picked up some paper scraps, various sized flowers, some glimmermist and scissors and played ...... Well it took me two hours (talking included) to create these rather large numbers... but I do like them. Just have to find something to use them on now. Thanks Mistra for the tutorial.


This month I thought I would start the month off well by completing some challenges at the beginning of the month rather than rushing them at the end of the month. So, using the lovely Colorbok papers that I received in the big kit a few months back I created a few layouts for the month. So to start with is a Pagemaps sketch that Ingeborg has for her challenge on her blog this month and it is a layout of my boys on their tenth birthday.


Ingeborg also has a "Just Write" challenge for the month as does Heather at Home and Scrapped, who wanted a journaling and title challenge using the title "If not for you......" . As I often do, I combined the two for this layout about Ingeborg and her influence on my life and as my friend. More of the lovely Colorbok papers.

This one is still more Colorbok papers and is Heather's sketch for this month over at Home and Scrapped. Of course the lovely Viva is a true labrador who loves to chew things and definitely sticks are at the forefront of her choice.


Lastly is a free online class at Scrap of Difference, written by Michelle Wallace. I teemed it with Ange's challenge at Home and Scrapped to use our stash and create a layout using at least seven papers that are more than a year old. At least four of these papers are from a kit of Creative Memories papers that I purchased back in 2001 when I first started scrapbooking. Scary that we can hoard stuff for that long, isn't it? Thanks Michelle for a lovely simple layout.
Having a quiet weekend, stripping the beds and washing so was glad to take a break tonight and veg out on the computer. Happy weekend all!

Comments

Penny said…
The Mistra-flowers are so divine! I must check out the tutorial.

Great to see so much scrapping happening in your world atm.

Give Viva a big hug from me....that shiny coat! Oh my what a beauty!
Debbie Buckland said…
love what you did with your colourbok papers. I won the same ones. Used them for some things. But have alot left.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....