Dear oh dear, where did May go?


Since my last post ever so long ago, I have been on three camps. The first at the end of April with Ethan for 3 days and 2 nights to Victor Harbour, the second with Mitchell to the Adelaide Zoo and the last with Keelan, again to the Adelaide Zoo. All three saw such different experiences with the beach and Granite Island as well as the whale centre, Botanical Gardens, Parliament house and the bio-diversity gallery at the Museum as well of course studying enclosures at the Zoo and visiting Funi and Wang Wang the lovely pandas.



May also saw the start of my DT role with Scrap of Difference . Jo sent me a 6" x 6" KaiserCraft pad of Rewind papers and clear stamps to play with and here are a few of my favourites:





I created four layouts and five cards and I have still got plenty of papers to play with. If you would like to see the rest of the creations, feel free to visit my DT gallery and let me know what you think. I dug into some old photos that I found of the kids and tried to find some versatility with the papers for cards for different occasions. I loved working with the papers and playing with the stamps as I am not a person that uses many stamps in my scrapbooking.



It was also my first month helping with the Cybercrop where we chose Bedtime Stories as the theme. We had a colour challenge from Leanne to use black, white and blue:


The technique challenge which involved using two types of journaling on the page:




The sketch challenge by Christine using a sketch she had designed herself and we had to include a photo of someone sleeping:


And lastly the card challenge issued by me to use the jacket of the Bedtime Stories DVD as inspiration for a card with theme of your own choice:



Apart from DT work I have only had the opportunity to design for my card classes for the next two months and to do my newsletter. The rest of my time has been filled with camps, dog training with Viva who will be with us for a while yet, possibly until August and general running kids around.
I do have more to share after a Fiskars workshop last weekend but best I find a photo to complete the second layout and finish the cards that I didn't have time to do all of. Will share them all soon enough.

Comments

Wow ... Melissa ... I love the work you have in the post ... the clean look, the beautiful (and sometimes kind of funny) pictures, I love it all ..Miss you and your boys, love, Ingeborg.
Penny said…
Oh wow - you HAVE been a busy bee!
I really love those two LO's about books.....I totally understand the reading to 3 problem!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....