Been housecleaning the blog..... Do you like it?

Well I dropped by my blog to do some more posts the other day and lo and behold I had lost my blog layout. So, I dropped over to the "Ettes" and company.com where the lovely designers from the previously known TLC business I used to consult for, have their own digi business now and have a lovely range of blog-ettes to choose from. I hope you like my choice of layout as it is very different to the previous one.

It has been a busy day for me as Ethan fell and hurt his wrist yesterday at school and was in so much pain that I decided to take him to the doctors today. This was followed by x-rays then back to the docs to find out that it thankfully wasn't broken but maybe some ligament damage. He is not allowed to play footy for a week or two until it does not hurt anymore though in case there is more damage than it seems. Seems alright to work a mouse on the computer but hurts to write and eat spaghetti bolognaise..... go figure!

Well back to some more layouts and cards from the past month:

The July CC at Scrap of Difference was based on a winter warmth theme so I had more photos from our winter holiday visit to the Glenelg beach where it was actually almost hot. The boys rolled up the long pants and took off the jumpers to go paddle in the water and chase waves.

Above is the sketch challenge and below the colour challenge to use green, white and red. The flourish is actually covered in beads and micro beads and you should have seen me with micro beads everywhere. I still keep finding them on the table and chairs.


The technique challenge was to choose 3 from a list of distressing techniques and use them on a layout. This is Keelan in 2006 at Perisher Valley learning how to toboggan. The layout was inspired by a Pagemaps sketch and I actually pulled out an old tool...... a tearing ruler...... you know those ones that we bought about 5-6 years ago but rarely use? I actually had fun using it after all this time so thought maybe I should keep it in mind again for future use.



Each month at Scrap of Difference there is a scraplift challenge which I never find time to do but was determined this month to do it. I scraplifted a layout by Kathleen Glossop who is very clever at using white space, something which challenges me. I really love how subtle and simple this layout is.


When we were doing the song title layouts at the last Scrap of Difference CC, I couldn't decide if I would use the lemur or the meerkat photos as I love both of the animals and found very suitable song titles for the layouts. I ended up doing the lemurs so the photos of the meerkats just sat looking at me and pleading with me to scrap them. The Basic Grey Granola range worked beautifully for it.


Another mid-week challenge from Heather was a blind scrap using some Cloud9 Finley's estate papers which really appeal to me for some reason.

My version of the Scrap Whisper no. #3 where I was second in the list so changed it very little.

I was involved with another stamp swap at Home and Scrapped and this time the criteria for stamping was a little different as it could be in any colour and on any colour. There was an interesting array of items and of course Heather had to challenge us to use some of the stamps immediately instead of throwing them into our stash never to be seen again.



The challenge was to also include a layout with bling that used at least four of the stamped images. Here the tag, four of the buttons and the "my diary" stamp were used. The flower was a ribbon flower tutorial from Angie after learning how to do them at a local LSS. I had seen them before on a youtube video but not got around to trying so had fun with it.




Two masculine cards were on the agenda and these had to include some distressing techniques to add dimension.
Then a trio of monochromatic cards inspired by the colour of the stamped images themselves.







Heather at Home and Scrapped gave us a lovely sketch to work with for a Mid week challenge and I found the perfect little gift card set that I had in a drawer with perfect embellishments on the front of them for a series of beach layout. This uses some Kaiser papers and Jenni Bowlin journal card.

Hopefully this post will work after a few tries to get it right last night. Enjoy your evening.

Comments

I don't like it; I love it! It is so me ... shame it is your blog ... LOL ... love what the Ettes came up with; I have had one of their designs on my blog for quite a while now! But ... love your layouts and cards even more; you have been extremely busy and creative as usual!
Karen said…
I too love your blog look. Your layouts and cards look fantastic as usual.
I hope Ethan arm is on the road to recovery.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....