Way back in 2008........

October 2008 it was, I bought some online classes called Octoberfest by Jen Hall. Well, I only got so far in doing them and did not complete them all so whilst my mojo has been holidaying lately, I decided to continue scrapping but just use Jen's wonderful classes to perhaps inspire me to get back excited about my own scrapping.
Here are almost the last of the classes done now.........

The most paint I have ever used on a layout - Octoberfest #31. The lovely doodled tags and embellishments on the pages from Octoberfest were all kindly drawn by Jen and delivered to us to use. I just wish I was as confident in the doodling world as she is.

#30 A layout from Jaimie Emmerton based on using a cluster. This is another one of my areas where I lack expertise but I think I have managed to do an okay job with it. It certainly doesn't look as good as the example but it works for me......

#28 - A layout I loved being a boy one..... I added an extra photo to the example layout and where Jen used the Basic Grey Archaic range, I found some Kaiser ranges that kind of went together and played with those to get similar design results. I really love it as it is so different to my own style and had me get out some tools I hadn't used in some time. Have to remember to pull them out again in future.

#27 - On a Christmas pageant morning. Love the Lime Rickey range.....

Over at Scrap of Difference the Product challenge for Aug-September is to use a Crafter's workshop template. You would think after all my playing in July that I would be quite over it but I actually enjoyed using a few different ones this time. I have used the Swirls & flowers for the journaling lines and some faint flowers in the background, Dot burst for the circle of buttons, cherry blossom for the background branches and leaves and the Regal Flourish for the flourishes on the top right. A small scrap of patterned paper, some kaiser rhinestones and TLC glitter and foil rub-ons makes for a nice layout.
And I did mention more Christmas cards, didn't I?

Uses some old sticker borders and a recycled card, as does the one below.


Some more old stickers and some silver stars too.

Old stickers and free papers from a magazine.

A stamped, embossed background and a recycled card.

Another recycled card and Letraset rub-ons.

Fab's challenge #15 - another of the cards from the Cloud 9 kit. Can you see I'm getting to the scraps now?

More recycled cards.
Another of those darned sparkly stickers of the kids.... and a free paper from a magazine.

Last but not least a tree from a recycled card and some old vellum stickers.
Well, best go get the banana cake from the beeping oven so the kids have something to eat tomorrow. I even baked some cookies from the Simple Savings $21 challenge book that I borrowed from the library. The batch was huge and made almost 100 cookies. I added some Cadbury drinking chocolate and coloured choc bits to the basic mix and one of the kids liked them cos they were crunchy, but another preferred the others I make that are soft. Can't win! Dad reckons he prefers them in the middle - crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.... can you guess what I might have suggested for next time?

Comments

Lizzyc said…
Hi there, loved all your cards, and what a great idea to re-cycle them as you can get such gorgeous cards..lovely blog too!!xx
Karen said…
Lovely cards as always Melissa, I think I may have to card lift some of your ideas.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....