My baby girl is back for a visit.....

Happy world cardmaking day to you!

I almost forgot but am about to head off and do some now before I go to bed so at least I can say I have done something.

In actual fact I have been working on a layout based on one of Ingeborg's sketches but just not finished yet..... maybe tomorrow for that one.

The weekend before last I headed to a Fiskars workshop at Michelle's place and we made a couple of lovely layouts and a number of cards so here are a few of my favourites to share:

And before anyone asks..... yes that is me in traditional Javanese costume for my "daughter's" wedding in Indonesia in 2003. She had the kebaya (top) specially made for me and my hair is done with a sanggul, a traditional hairpiece, held on with lots of pins. I am used of this style of dress after having lived there as an Exchange Student so quite enjoyed the opportunity to dress like it again.



The same weekend I had a cybercrop at Scrap of Difference. They were able to blame me for the theme this time, of "in the media". I thought it was a fairly broad theme allowing for layouts about any topic that you may find in a newspaper or magazine. It seems I did challenge everyone with the topic though.

The technique challenge was to do a hybrid layout. This layout includes a red/white paper from the Team Spirit - red digi kit from LifeTimez, along with the journal rectangle. The logo was scanned from a poster the kids received on the day and adjusted to fit the layout.

The sketch challenge was based on a PageMaps sketch from September.

And the colour challenge of Black, white and blue which also had to have a "hidden" element. Above is my hidden panel and below the layout.

At Home and Scrapped, Heather put up one of her lovely sketches for midweek challenge #26 and I used some really old mulberry paper on this one.
Last but not least some of my DT work for the month of September. My kit had a double-sided Fall plaid from K&Co and a paper from Daisy D's, Bella corkopia borders, along with a KaiserCraft clear stamp set - Lilac Avenue. It was quite an interesting array of items to work with. You can see the rest of my cards in my DT gallery:




Back to my title, my baby girl Viva is back for a visit after being withdrawn from the Guide Dog program. A little disappointing for us but I knew if she was going to fail it was for precisely the same reason that she has. She is dog distracted, some days good at walking past other dogs and other days she jumps and barks for no apparent reason. I was kind of hoping it had something to do with walking with me and that it would change once she got with the experts... but alas it didn't. She is staying with us until they find her a permanent home. And no, it won't be with us.....
Have a good weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....