Scrappin' my little fingers off at the Home and Scrapped Cybercrop.

After a week in Mildura on holiday. I was starved for some creative activity so the Home and Scrapped Cybercrop came just at the right time for me. It also helped that I have been tired and grumpy for the weekend so has a been a good opportunity for me to keep to myself and whittle away at the challenges.

First up was a double page sketch from Heather so I used some photos of my recent European trip in Frankfurt. Some handmade flowers appeared too and my stash of those is almost gone so will need to put those on the to-do list.

Challenge #2 from Heather was a journaling challenge to take a photo of a loved one or item, choose 13 words about them/it and journal in a more unusual way about them/it. We also had to include a piece of bunting which I almost forgot...... Thank heavens for Wordle art - this wordle cloud was printed directly onto my 12 x 12 cardstock and I just worked the stamping and photo around it.

Ange challenged us in the third challenge to create a layout using two or three colours that lie side by side on the colour wheel. The only other colour allowed was a neutral - black, white or kraft. I enjoyed the chance to play with some pink and purple. This is a lift of a layout in the magazine - Super fast layouts with 4 x 6 photos, Vol. 2.

Lastly Ange challenged us to create a layout using: 3 photos, a border, predominant blue colour and a choice of 5 quotes.
I decided to go on and make a card with each set of papers left on my table from each layout.

Challenge #1

Challenge #2 using Fiskars - Wishes all around stamps, Apron lace border punch and scalloped circle squeeze punch.
Challenge #3 with stamps from The Stamps of life - Flowers2share set.


Challenge #4 and a Page maps card map design



Before I left for Mildura, I was the victim for the "Get Challenged Now" challenge over at Home and Scrapped. I ran out of time to get it completed before we left so worked on it Friday night after reading a CK magazine in my travels and being taken by the colours in a layout that would work for me.
My criteria: Paint or ink on the background, Patchwork of scraps and button and bows.
Hope you like what I came up with, it was fun to play with just scraps of papers.
Now, I knew I would get bored on my trip to Mildura as I am not your everyday, lie by the pool kind of person. So a couple of years ago I bought these Form a Line patterns and thought that I would take them with me to play with. Some pre-folded cards, thread, paper piercer, mouse pad and needles, along with the patterns and the following are what I came up with. When I got home all I had to do was add greetings and a couple of little extras and voila.... I have made a start on my Christmas cards for the year.




Well that's it folks..... off to type up some instructions for a card class for the weekend.

Comments

Sandy Ang said…
Wow - your threaded cards are so unique ! never seen anything like it. Using thread on paper is so great.
Karen said…
Lovely work Melissa.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....