Christmas card class


Well yesterday afternoon I ran my Christmas card class for July. I kept them simple so the ladies could duplicate them easily enough with their own products at home. They use stamps from Kaisercraft Merry Christmas set and The Stamps of Life Holly4christmas set. There is one small greeting from a Fundamentals Christmas greeting set also.
Of course the Fiskars scalloped edge border punch made an appearance as well as the apron lace border punch in the card below. Some heat embossing and dimensional pearls helped to put the finishing touches on this one.

The Die Cuts with a View paper range that is still in our stores here made a great background for this card. I love to use a more non-traditional paper range on my Christmas cards to give a break from the red and green and the black and silver really makes the little red and green I have used pop out.
I even introduced the ladies to some Smooch which none of them was familiar with. I have the snickerdoodle colour which comes up gold looking on some colours so used it to colour the top of the bauble just for something a little different.
The ladies were so quick with doing the other three that I threw in a quick card with just stamping, water colour pencils, some polysparkle embossing and rhinestones. So simple and done in 15 minutes but looks so good and quite elegant.

When I cleaned up my room a few weeks ago I found this old Big ideas kit from TLC days. When I first joined TLC back in 2005 they had kits you could purchase to give you ideas for presenting your products. I bought a couple that I was going to use - at some stage so finally I put them to use and copied (sort of ) some of the designs but did not use the pocket ideas for the inside of the cards or the additional stickers. I decided instead to find some extra cardstock to match and use the stickers and extra papers to make more larger cards so with s little ribbon and a flower or two I came up with some extra ideas. Do any of you ex-TLC consultants remember these lines? I actually quite like the colours for some birthday cards.






I have a layout still in the making but will have to share that another day........

There is a simple and elegant card class that I am running on the 20th and 27th of August at 2.30p.m. so if anyone is interested in playing along then email me for details.

Happy creating.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....