Getting through the Xmas stash slowly......

Well I haven't been around for a few weeks as I have had the opportunity to work a few hours for six weeks and I am out of practice with the idea of working and running a household. My creative head has been resting whilst I get the basics around the house up to date and leave some for "later".......

I'm sharing a layout from a few weeks ago based on a sketch for August by Heather at Home and Scrapped. I might eventually finish scrapping my photos from Amsterdam and then I can move on to the other areas I visited in The Netherlands.
As my post says, I am working on getting rid of my Christmas stash although I think I probably have another three years of cards to do before I finish it all off. I have some really old card toppers and papers from magazines that I have to do something with so here are a few more of my cards for this Christmas.
I keep trying to alter some of the card toppers as they have words on them that I wouldn't use for my Christmas cards so that in itself can be an interesting challenge.
Crafty Hazelnuts challenge #23 - use blue. Well I did add just a hint of other colour with this glittery ornament sticker.
Crafty Hazelnuts challenge #26 - anything goes.
This is an altered handmade card that I received from a distant family member last year. I cut it down and mounted it on a burgundy card base, inked a little and added an extra mat to the merry and bright greeting.
Crafty Hazelnuts challenge #25 Christmas wings - use an angel or fairy etc. I had this vintage image already printed that I purchased as a vintage set a couple of years ago and I just love the image.
Just using the duplicate card topper I found.
Crafty Hazelnuts challenge #24 - buttons. I just happened upon this card topper when I was doing this one so figured it would work beautifully.
The lovely Karen sent me this card last year and I loved the papers and the sticker greeting so I altered it a little by trimming it down and mounting it on a dark red card then added some aqualip pen and dimensional magic to the flowers to bring them out a little. I love re-using cards that have been sent to me and forwarding the love on to others.
Crafty Hazelnuts challenge #12 - seasonal silver. I had this piece already embossed and I hate to cover up this lovely embossed image so always keep it simple with this embossing folder. Some kindyglitz and a border sticker make a great, simple card.
Fab's Challenge for July was to use a tree and/or dark colours. I stuck with the tree idea and did both the one above and the one below.

Crafty Hazelnuts challenge #18 - use a die-cut, found me using this great cut from the SVGblog that I purchased the file from. Just add a background and a playful pot and this makes a great card too.
Crafty Hazelnuts challenge #13 - a square card. Didn't quite work out the way I planned as I picked up two different markers and the blending didn't work so well but never mind it still looks okay.

The last two weekends I have run my simple, yet elegant card class using my favourite Kaisercraft clear stamps. I love pink and black or pink and brown as a colour scheme so I stuck with the simple pink/black colours and the ladies loved the stunning effect it produced with very little effort. Some plain black sating ribbon, a Fiskars border punch and some fussy cutting gave us some lovely designs.


Well the oven is beeping to tell me my banana cake is done so I best head off and retrieve it. Haven't baked a banana cake in ages with the price of bananas sky rocketing upwards but there was a bag of bruised ones in the supermarket begging me to use them so I have and the boys will be happy tomorrow.

Happy creating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....