Some more "me" time

Whilst the boys headed off to watch Perth Glory win the soccer game last night, I got some scrapping time at a local pizza and papercrafting night. Not many scrapbookers go but plenty of card makers so it's interesting to wander around and see the different techniques people are trying.
I managed to complete 3 layouts, all challenges over at Home and Scrapped. The first was a mid week sketch from Scrappy Sketches, number 10-12 with some more photos from just outside Amsterdam.
This is my example for Sarah's challenge to use a magazine front for inspiration. I chose to go with the colour palette, banner and country theme of the cover with a photo of Mitchell at the Yallingup shearing shed on camp. They convinced a group of girls and boys that they had been chosen to learn how to clean up the sheep droppings from the pens and when they came inside to do the job, they let these lambs in that needed to be fed. You should have heard the squeals of delight.
Now this challenge was right out of my comfort zone as I hate, hate, hate to doodle on my layouts as I am just not artistic enough to do a good job with it. Can't draw to save myself. But, Angie wanted us to do a layout with paint on the background, doodling and a photo of ourselves. I decided to use a poem about success as I often question myself as to if I am successful in the things that I do. I decided that yes I am very successful after reading this poem.

Only two weeks till the school holidays so time is quickly creeping away from us. Have to get stuck into some job hunting next term.

Happy craftin' all.

Comments

Cindy C. said…
Congratulations Melissa, you've won one of the three $100 Blog Hop goodies from the Lily Pad Cards' First Birthday blog hop!! In case you weren't aware of that, please check the detail here: http://www.lilypad.inlinkz.com/2012/04/12/and-the-winners-of-the-blog-hop-goodies-are/
Thank for playing along.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....