Some of you know I went on a scrapping retreat....

Well I just realised that it has been weeks since I shared my work as I have been a busy beaver with life just happening to get in the way. How rude!
I had a lovely time with the ladies that I went away with and some interesting times too.... not that I will mention those - you know the golden rule? What happens on retreat stays on retreat....... etc. etc.
I learnt a few new little techniques and saw some interesting materials like Lutradur, fusible film and webbing spray all put to use. Might have to get me some of those items to play with.
I was delayed with the Home and Scrapped cybercrop in February so took the challenges along to do at the retreat. This is Heather's step-by-step challenge which I found some recent die-cuts to work with after practising with some cutting the other week. I also received some little bits and pieces from fellow scrappers at the retreat and managed to make use of some particularly the rosette and off white flower on here. I really love how this turned out with just using scraps of paper.
Joy challenged us to create a layout without using patterned paper so with a touch of sewing, some die-cut shapes and a few Martha Stewart punches that I borrowed, this is what I resulted with.

My biggest challenge came from Amy who wanted us to cut out 25 - 2" squares and use them on a layout. Some cut photos up to use for theirs but I wanted to keep my photo in one piece so I used them slightly layered for a different design. The theme of the CC was "Love" - can you tell that?

Of course Heather likes us to use up our scraps from the layouts we make to create cards so challenged us to make a card for each of the layouts we made on the CC. I like the more masculine ones but not so happy with the other two. Still, I'm sure they will get used eventually.

Happy craftin' all....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....