Happy mail coming my way.....

You have to get excited when you receive a comment like this:

Congratulations Melissa, you've won one of the three $100 Blog Hop goodies from the Lily Pad Cards' First Birthday blog hop!! In case you weren't aware of that, please check the detail here: http://www.lilypad.inlinkz.com/2012/04/12/and-the-winners-of-the-blog-hop-goodies-are/ Thanks for playing along.

The amount of times I have done a blog hop and finally I get some happy news from one. I really have to owe it to Darlene over at http://darlenedesign.com/wordpress/ as she brought it to my attention as one of the members of the blog hop. So, a big thank you Darlene, I got some wonderful inspiration from all the lovely blogs I visited and now have won a prize too.

I've been a bit slow with the mojo over the last couple of weeks with Easter and school holidays recently taking up time. Had a house inspection too with the joys of renting so spent a lot of time washing windows.... (I know, me washing windows is a rather scary idea - it's a job I usually pay someone to do) amongst other cleaning criteria for the inspection.
I managed to squeeze in Jewels challenge over at Home and Scrapped which required a layout from a sketch using only patterned papers.This was rather a challenge for me as I do use lots of plain CS in my layouts, especially as a base. I was really pleased with the result after finding some old TLC runway papers that worked together nicely. My title was cut with the ecraft that I am finally feeling like I have the hang of after only 6-7 months of ownership.

Jewels also wanted a card from the scraps so here is the card to match with a stamp from the Ink by Steph - In my dreams set. Not my usual style but I can think of a couple of people it would suit.


I'm a little behind the times with the Mid Week Sketches from Heather at Scrappy sketches and this is from February no: 9-12. The papers are all old papers from one of the early editions of Australian Scrapbook Ideas magazine along with several of the cut outs.



And of course a card with the scraps.

I'm sure there is no one with the same issue as me who buys items and can't remember how to use them so they don't. Well, this is the case with the next three cards. I purchased a Nellie Snellen lines and dots stencil at a Quilt and Craft Fair in November 2009. I loved the cards that the stall had on show using them and chose just the one to buy. Well, I got it home and tried to use it a couple of times but could never work out how they got the effect on the cards at the stall so it went in the too hard basket and never got used. Recently however I found a You Tube video on how these are supposed to be used with the Cuttlebug and guess what? It works.......



I tried it first with distress inks like in the video and then I brayered on kaliedecolor inks and got the bottom two effects on glossy paper. I had to make cards with them so I wouldn't forget I played. Hopefully someone will like them for Christmas.




Well, off to get some dinner and prep for a crop night tomorrow night. Happy Craftin'

Comments

Ann G. said…
CONGRATULATIONS on your win! How very exciting - that is awesome news!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....