The last few.........

As we are about to head off on a family holiday for a couple of weeks, I have managed to squeeze in a few more cards from the Online card class.
This card was one of the inking techniques from Day 7 cards with reverse stamps, where JJ Bolton encouraged us to think outside the box with our stamps and use the back of a clear stamp for a solid image if we don't have a stamp that will do the trick. Here I have used a Kaisercraft stamp from the pack your bags collection to stamp the bauble colour and then white embossed with the snowflake image from the free HOTP Enchanted Christmas collection that came with the Simply Cards magazine last month. The greeting is and added club member freebie from The Stamps of Life.


This card is from the same day of lessons and an idea from Jennifer McGuire showing us how to do "inner masking" with a background stamp. Now I had to use her second option to create the same effect as the post it note did not work like her eclipse masking paper. I also didn't have a reverse stamp to work with but nonetheless, made this smaller background stamp work for me. The greeting is from Studio G.
Day 6 was cards with inking techniques and the only big background stamp I have is the Hero Arts Woodgrain stamp so that had to do. The technique involved stamping with water on a distress ink background. I must say I do love how water reacts with distress inks and you never know exactly what you will end up with. Baubles are from the Stampin' Up tree trimmings set and the greeting from The Stamps of Life trees4christmas set. I used some fine border peel offs for the bauble string as the stamp in the set was too short and I didn't trust myself at 11pm trying to be tricky with ink and the stamp-a-ma-jig.
Another from Day 6 was a design from Shari Carroll using distress inks for a stained glass window effect. It didn't quite work that way for me  as my "stamp" is actually a Nellie Snellen stencil which I embossed with then went over the top with versamark and white embossing powder. I also used Jennifer McGuire's idea from Day 9 of making cards with sentiments stamps. My trusty Fiskars stamp press got a work out with this one. I should have done a few backgrounds at the time but I wasn't thinking so will have to keep the idea up my sleeve for another day.

See you all again in a few weeks time and enjoy the lead up into the Christmas season. How are you coming along with your Christmas cards? Are you a mass production person or like me and do lots of different designs? Leave me some love and let me know.....

Happy Craftin'.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....