It's all about playing........

My creative time so far this year has been limited with the heat but when I have played it has been playing with my new toys. Last year I won some Hero Arts stamps and I have been playing a little with those and for Christmas I got a lovely bunch of Distress Markers so again I have been trying them out a little. Not everything has turned into a card just yet but give me time.
 
This is the Hero Arts Newsprint Eiffel Tower stamp which I stamped twice and cut out the tower and added Dimensional magic to. IRL it is glossy in appearance and sits up on foam tape very nicely. The background is coloured with Distress markers, stormy sky, broken china and tumbled glass. Some Prima flowers, a badge I bought back from Paris and a Kaiser stamp on acetate completes the look of this card.
 
Santa didn't bring me any Gelatos that were on my Christmas Wish list so last week I had to venture over to Anna's Craft Cupboard and purchase some for myself. Inspired by a card done by Darlene DeVries on her blog, I played with the gelatos and plain white card to create this. Butterfly stamps were originally made by Paper Pleasure Plus - a company no longer..... and the greeting and flowers are Fiskars stamps that come with the Stamp Factory. I have also used the Whimsy Fiskars texture plate in my Cuttlebug to create the embossed piece and the cut out is a Labels 8 die from Nestabilities.
 
 
I have done a little scrapping too but I can't show it all yet as some of it is for future use. I did put together this layout for the Fiskars blog though with the lovely Bella Blue Fusion papers. You can check out the details here.
 
In the meantime I am watching lots of videos from the Creative Jump Start Summit 2013 run by Nathalie Kalbach and trying some techniques in a journal...... so not me......  It's lots of fun and best of all it is free..... although I am learning a few new techniques so decided to donate to all Nathalie's good work.
 
Happy Craftin'

Comments

Karen said…
Nice work Melissa and that top card is just beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....