More retreat shares.....

I quite surprised myself on retreat and got 9 single and 3 double layouts done. I can't share them all at this stage as some are for future challenges at Home and Scrapped so I'm just including random ones at the moment.

 This was a just because layout....... I love monkeys, unlike some of my friends and I could stand and watch them for ages. I just loved how these guys just sat there and posed as if modelling for a photo.


This background was based on a Creative Jump Start lesson by Louise Nelson which I kind of messed up as it was the first attempt at using a crackle medium. I learnt from my error so I know how to use it next time but still managed to put the page to good use with that hint of red scrap. A new transport experience for the boys.

At Taman Safari, after the elephants show you could buy a t-shirt painted by an elephant and that also enabled you to have an elephant place a lei around your neck. The boys were up for the experience and couldn't wait to get up close to these beautiful animals. I used a couple of Heather's creative classes for the layout, Create 7  using pinwheels, lollipop flowers and flags and Create 16  - a play on words or alternative ideas for titles. I actually had no orange pp with me at retreat and had to scrounge for some orange paint and sprays to create the photo matte on white cardstock. I was pretty pleased with the result.

Create 17 was all about defeminising a sketch - so, taking a sketch full of flowers and flourishes and making it a masculine layout. This older Kaisercraft grunge range made it an easy task and I love the result.
My last share is Karen's challenge for Feb where we were supposed to do a layout about a pet we love but as I no longer have any pets I chose to do the parakeets at the bird park in KL. Karen provided us with a sketch and asked us to use a simple colour pallette and stick with just a couple of colours.

More to come later...
Happy Craftin'........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....