Scrap and stamp camp......

I know, right? Two retreats in less than a month, it's just not right. But I sure enjoyed it.
The lovely Odette at AOK scrapbooks was looking for extras to make up numbers on her stamp camp so I went along for the ride down to Baldivis.
I joined in with the sketch competition and married it with Karen's challenge for the month at Home and Scrapped to come up with this layout.
 
Karen wanted us to use vellum lace, a photo with our Mum, the quote, washi tape made from a tutorial, dressmakers pattern, flowers made with tutorials from H & S or RAKs or swaps and a butterfly from a H & S RAK or swap. For me it was a challenge to use all that on a layout but I did make it work and lucky for me I the girls at the stamp camp liked it too and I tied for a win of the sketch competition. I shared the prize with another and ended up with a lovely set of Stampin' Up wood stamps and some DSP. Gotta be happy with that.
 
I also managed this layout for Liz's March colour challenge which also had to include lace and a tag. Couldn't resist the colours for a layout of my new Argentinian granddaughter. Gotta get a girly layout in occasionally.


 
I decided, due to my inability to get myself organised for this weekend, that I would do a layout class with Odette and this was the result of the multi-technique class. Lots of new pretty SU products on this one that I had the chance to play with. If I was focussed I would have done a couple of extra things like consider a spot for journaling and inking around all the little panels but I didn't think of that before I put it together so I will leave it like it is now.

 
I also did the make and takes which is another thing I don't normally fuss with but because they were there and included in the weekend then I decided to give them a go. Some lovely designs from Odette and always different to what I would do so nice to get a different perspective.


Last but not least is my layout for the challenge over and Home and Scrapped this month. I challenged the girls to teach themselves something new and create some form of word art to use on a layout with a theme of their choice. If you think you might like to have a go then go here and get the low down.

Happy craftin' all......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....