A new DT and new challenges in July

July brought with it the new Design Team at Home and Srapped so I get to take a rest for a while and just join in the fun instead of creating the challenges.

Joy's challenge was to create a layout using the colours PINK, GREEN and WHITE.  We could use neutral -black as well. I teamed this with a challenge for the Scrappers over at the Simple Savings forum where they put up a sketch to play with:
 
Bec challenged us to to tackle a Christmas layout.
The layout and colours could be completely our choice.
However it must have one of the following…

Stars
Baubles
Snowflakes

As a side line, if we had any scraps and were feeling in the mood then we could make a few Twinchies. Great for using on Christmas cards or future layouts.
 
 Here are my twinchies....... 
 And here is my use of one of them on a Christmas card that I made for the "In & Out" Embroidery class that I took at My Creative Classroom. This was a four day, self timed class run by Catherine Scanlon. This was my take on her technique of stitching a sentiment stamp.
 
AmyB gave us a a fairly open challenge, which was to scrap an element of our LO on a diagonal through the page. This is quite open to our own interpretation, we could do masking, or perhaps prefer to lay our photos, patterned paper or embellishments out that way. I was inspired by a layout I saw recently on Gayle Prices blog - Bliss and Gesso, I loved the way she had used the Cherry Blossom template from Crafter's workshop so wanted to duplicate the idea. Here is what I came up with. What I thought would take forever actually came together really quickly and I love it.

 
Thanks for dropping by and Happy craftin'...........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....