Christmas cards for Combat Cards WA....

I have been busy the last month with Christmas cards which I started working on for my own stash then realised that Combat Cards would need them much earlier than I will, so moved on to a stash for them as well.

I had some freebie papers, toppers and sentiments that I received recently with a "Make Christmas Cards" magazine and I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it but the papers and designs are nothing I would ever really buy and do for myself. I sat and cut out all the toppers and started with some of the designs in the magazine as these papers are very country patchworky or floral and pretty so nothing that I ever work with and I struggled to see the designs for myself, but once I got going I came up with several designs of my own. I still  have heaps of scraps to use and two ranges of papers to start on so will get a lot more still, just have to find the time to make extra.










 
To be honest there are a couple of designs that I did end up liking especially with the first range of papers with the red gingham. I am sure someone will appreciate them and look forward to sending them back to their families.... or at least I hope so.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Craftin'..........

Comments

Jan said…
It is a nice challenge to work with different looks and your efforts have resulted in lovely, bright and cheery cards some one would love to send their loved one.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....