Combat Cards WA crafting afternoon.....

I was lucky enough to join in the Combat Cards WA crafting afternoon at Scrapbooks from the heart in Canning Vale on the second Sunday in July. I had found this link to some PDF templates for how to cut a 6" x 6" piece of paper to make some cards so did lots of cutting before hand and then played with putting them together on the afternoon.
I started making Father's day cards but then realised it was too late for those so changed to a variety of greetings.
I actually started with using a PDF guide to cut 12 - 6 x 6 pages to make cards but then had the wrong instructions with them so I couldn't work it out at my crop night. I came back home on the weekend and did another search to find that the PDF's I had printed were by a different person to the original post I read so once I found the actual post relating to the pieces I had cut then I played from there. I also added bits and pieces of plain scrap and die-cuts that went with the papers that I had in my stash and some stamps from the same range that I printed a greeting onto once cut out. 
Here are the links to the cutting templates I used:
http://operationwritehome.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/kathryn6x6...
http://operationwritehome.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/kathryn6x6...
http://operationwritehome.org/tutorial-6x6-template/
A note to those who wish to use them though - they are for USA sized cards which are slightly wider and shorter than our usual size of A5 metric folded. I had to cut down all the squares to 1.75" inches afterwards and changed what I used in places on others. I also resorted to cutting some card bases to make their sized cards just so I didn't have to rearrange the pieces too much particularly on the cards using the diagonal cuts. It was a good way to get a lot of cards made without thinking too much though.

 
 
 
 
 
 
These were all made with the scraps from the Kaisercraft Rewind 6" x 6" paper pad that I had from a DT kit a few years ago and some of the die-cut kit that I had in my stash of the same range. Stamps are from the Hero Arts - Operation Write Home - Year Round Sentiments clear stamp set or computer generated greetings along with a die-cut from Heidi Swapp to cut on my Ecraft.
 
Thanks for visiting and happy craftin'................
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....