Masculine cards......

I often enjoying reading the Operation Write Home blog to get ideas for my cards for Combat cards. Quite frankly I find it a challenge to keep my cards fairly flat without bling and deeper embellishments so it is nice to see how others work. I particularly like to visit the blog of Kristie Marcotte who makes cards for OWH and has the distinct ability to get the most out of a 6 x 6 paper pad and uses it all before moving onto another paper range. So, after looking through her designs and seeing how she goes about it I decided to give it a go with the Kaisercraft Sears and Son paper pad that I have had in my drawer. 
I started out just like Kristie with a batch of sketches and the idea in my mind to make several of each sketch but as I moved along I found it harder and harder to make duplicates as I just don't work that way. And, when I really got to the scraps too I made up patchy backgrounds also to make use of those little bits of off-cuts. In total I got 47 cards from the paper pad using brown, black, rust and some cream/beige plainer papers for matting and greeting bases.


I will put up some of my more favourite designs below:













Greetings are varied and from several different sets from Hero Arts, The Stamps of Life, Freebie sets with magazines and Kaisercraft. I really enjoyed playing this way and will probably keep it in mind for future.
If you wish to see all the rest of my designs you can visit my Facebook Cards 2015 Album.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Craftin'...........

Comments

Francine said…
Great cards Melissa! I especially love the one "read the fine print".

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh Christmas is creeping up fast

My Christmas cards with North Pole papers.....

The last of the scraps.....